Department of Electrical Engineering
To emerge as the leading Electrical Engineering department for inclusive development of students
To provide student-centered conducive environment for preparing knowledgeable, competent and value added electrical engineers.
Program Educational Objectives
PEO 1. Core Knowledge
Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of basic science and engineering skills, humanities, social science, management and conceptual and practical understanding of core electrical engineering area with project development.
PEO 2. Employment
Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of industry-based technical skills to succeed in entry level engineering position at various industries as well as in academics.
PEO 3. Professional Competency
Electrical engineering graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively in English, to accumulate and disseminate the knowledge and to work effectively in a team with a sense of social awareness.
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- An ability to design a system ,component, or process to meet desired needs within a realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, sustainability.
- An ability to function on Multidisciplinary team.
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems.
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- An ability to communicate effectively.
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solution in a global, economic, environmental, and social context.
- A recognition of the need for and an ability to engage in a life long learning.
- Knowledge of contemporary issues.
- An ability to use a technique, skill, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
Department of Electrical Engineering is established in year 1999 with the intake 30. The department was accredited for 5 years from 2008 to 2013 by N.B.A, New Delhi. The present intake of the department is 60. The department has maintained the track of excellent results by securing Ist Rank and Gold Medal at university level examination. The department has ten well equipped laboratories for UG and two labs for PG. The department library has sufficient numbers of books as per syllabus, worth Rs. 1.2 lakh. It has highly-qualified, devoted & dedicated team of teaching staff members. A conducive environment exists in the department for both students & staff.
It is the field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. It now covers a range of subtopics including power, electronics, control systems, automation etc. The main aim is to ensure the safe usage of electricity. Electrical engineering has an important role to play in many other fields of study like power quality, Power factor etc
Achievement and Features:
- The AICTE has granted permission to start PG in Electrical Power System from the academic year 2013-14.
- 400 KM Long Transmission Line Study Unit with Protection for UG and PG students.
- PSCAD software worth Rs. 2.23 lakh for PG students.
- MATLAB software worth Rs. 5.25 Lakh for UG & PG students.
- PLC & SCADA Unit worth Rs 3 Lakh is provided for students.
- ETAP Software worth Rs 1 Lakh is installed in computer lab.
- Department of Electrical Engineering has maintained the top positions in the examination conducted by NMU, Jalgaon by securing Ist Rank & Gold Medal during May - 2010, May-2011, May – 2012 examinations.
- The student of B.E.(2014-15) Mr. Ameya Shirwadkar has qualified GRE & TOFFEL.
- The student of B.E. .(2014-15) Mr. Ameya Shirwadkar selected for in JAPAN for summer training school.
- Mr. M. M. Ansari received grant of Rs. 5.35 lakh under MODROB proposal from AICTE, New Delhi in Year 2012-13.
- Dr. P.V. Thakre received grant of Rs. 2 Lakh under Rajiv Gandhi Research Promotion Scheme - UGC for Title DSP based 1 kW photovoltaic System in Year December 2016.
- Department have signed MoU for two years June 2015 to June 2017 with kWatt Solutions, Mumbai
We welcome suggestions / comments from our Regular / Ex Students/ Alumni, and look forward to have long term relationship with you.
Please keep visiting this section for latest updates and announcements.
My SSCOET Account