Report of Induction Program – 2K23
Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon has introduced a new curriculum for all UG Engineering Programs, (Bachelor of Engineering) with effect from the Academic year 2019-20. As per the model curriculum of the All India Council for Technical Education (AICIE), the university has introduced a mandatory induction Program in the curriculum for the newly joined students. The idea to introduce an induction program in the curriculum is to make the newly joined students feel comfortable in the new environment of engineering degree courses, sensitize them towards exploring their academic interests and activities, reducing competition and making them work for excellence, promote bonding within them, build relations between teachers and students, give a broader view of life, and building of character.
Keeping in view of this, SSBT's College of Engineering & Technology, Bambhori, Jalgaon has organized a brief Induction Program for the newly admitted students. The Induction Program for First Year Engineering students was held on the 9th, 12th, and 26th of November 2022 and 3rd December 2022. The program was designed to provide new students with an introduction to the engineering program, the university, and campus life and to support emotional and personality development. It serves as a platform to introduce new students to the academic culture, policies, and the faculty. The induction program of 2023 was organized for first-year engineering students with the aim of familiarizing them with the academic culture, curriculum, and resources available at the institute.
- Welcome and Orientation: The induction program began with a welcome and orientation session where students were introduced to all the Head of the Departments and staff members. They were given a brief overview of the engineering program and the college policies. A brief introduction of the program was presented by Head of the Department of Applied sciences, Dr. K. S. Patil. The presidential address was given by the Principal, Dr. G. K. Patnaik. Principal started his address with a warm welcome to newly admitted students. He reiterated the Vision and Mission of the Institute and also highlighted institutional strengths.
- Peer Learning Session: The Peer Learning Session was the first event of the induction program, where senior students mentored the new students. Shri. Mohit Manoj Patil and Shri. Oajas Patil shared the ideas of KCIIL activities. The session aimed to inculcate the importance of collaboration, communication, and team-building skills among the students. The senior students also shared their experience of how to excel in academics while engaging in extracurricular activities. This session was well received by the new students, and they appreciated the insights shared by the senior students.
- Cyber Security Session: On 26th November 2022, two sessions was dedicated to cyber security. The first session was conducted by Dr. P. H. Zope, a renowned expert in the field of cybersecurity, who discussed the importance of cyber security and the risks associated with online activities. The students were educated on how to protect themselves from cyber attacks and were given tips on how to maintain online privacy. Dr. Zope discussed the importance of online security, the threats that one can encounter online, and how to mitigate these threats.
- Mental Wellbeing Session: The psychological session was conducted by Dr. Vijayashree Muthe, a counseling expert on 2nd December 2022. The session aimed to create awareness about mental health and the importance of seeking help when needed. Dr. Muthe discussed the challenges that students can face during their academic journey and how to cope with them. The session was interactive, and students were encouraged to share their experiences and ask questions. Dr. Muthe also shared some tips on how to manage stress and maintain a healthy -life balance.
- Science through Experiments: Dr. Dilip Bharambe, Marathi Vidnyan Parishad, Jalgaon a renowned scientist and educationist, conducted a session on the topic of "Science through Experiments." The session was held on December 2nd 2022, aimed to emphasize the importance of conducting experiments as a crucial aspect of scientific learning. Dr. Bharambe emphasized that experiments are a crucial tool in the learning process as they allow students to see and experience scientific concepts firsthand.
The Induction Program 2023 was a successful event that provided new students with a platform to interact with their seniors, faculty, and experts from various fields. The sessions on peer learning, cyber security, and counseling were well received by the students, and they appreciated the insights shared by the experts. The program helped the new students to familiarize themselves with the academic culture, policies, and the resources available at the institute. Overall, the induction program was a great way to kick starts the academic journey of the new students.