A Report on MILESTONE- 2K21(Online Mode)
Date: 25th June 2021
Time: Inaugural Ceremony: 10.30 am to 11.30 am
Departmental Activities: 11.30 am to 3.00 pm
Aim / Purpose:
The MILESTONE is a technical event organized by our institute every year since 2004-05. This event drives the different activities such as Paper Presentation, Poster Presentation, and different departmental activities. In MILESTONE- 2K21 departmental events are as follows:
- Best From Bio-Waste - Department of Biotechnology
- Process Plant Layout – Department of Chemical Engineering
- Smart City Concept to Jalgaon (Poster Presentation) - Department of Civil Engineering
- Codeathon - Department of Computer Engineering
- Circuit Mania - Department of Electrical Engineering
- Sensors in Agriculture - Department of E &TC Engineering
- Out-Code Competition- Department of Information Technology
- Technical Collage - Department of Mechanical Engineering
- Agricultural Based Start-Ups (Online)-Department of Business Administration
- Debate Competition on Online Pharmacy Scopes and Opportunities – Institute of Pharmacy
- To enhance knowledge of students in various fields
- To Increase Problem solving capabilities of students
- To deepen their knowledge and learning
- To showcase their innovative ideas and compete with their peers.
- To present their particular ideas.
- Student shows their spectacular ideas & feels inspired.
- To learn in detailed about a core subject which is a part of curriculum and develop effective presentation skills.
- To improve their communication skills.
- To reduce stage fear from their mind.
The main purpose of organizing various events under MILESTONE is to provide platform to the students from various disciplines such as Engineering, Pharmacy & Management, etc. It needs to bring diversified disciplines to come at a common platform to exchange their expertise, express their ideas, and share their knowledge, experiences and to evolve the track for navigating the innovative thinking. The MILESTONE-2K21 was the firm step for navigating the future ideas.
The Paper and Poster presentation topics are more valuable for the students to share their knowledge and improve their communication skills. These skills play a prominent role not only during their academic course but also after the completion of their course, especially during their job search and career advancement.
All the students from Engineering, Management, Pharmacy, Arts Commerce and Science.
Description about the Program:
SSBT’s College of Engineering and Technology, Bambhori, Jalgaon has organized the technical event “MILESTONE- 2K21” on 25/06/2021 in online mode due to Covid-19 pandemic. We had Prof. B. V. Pawar, Pro Vice - Chancellor (Acting), Kavayitri Bahinabai Chaudhari North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon as the Chief Guest for this event. The Inaugural function was conducted online through Microsoft team. The event was started with warm welcome of Chief Guest by Dr. K.S.Wani - Principal, SSBT’s College of Engineering and Technology, Bambhori, Jalgaon, M.S.
Dr.S.P.Shekhawat - Vice-Principal gave the introductory speech. He spoke about new technical skills and guided students how to acquire those skills and prepare themselves for campus interviews. Dr. K.S.Wani - Principal addressed the audience about event, college facilities and informed students and participants to take benefit of those facilities more and more.
The Chief Guest encouraged the students to participate in such events by providing his valuable guidance. He guided the students about technologies like Machine Learning, Speech Recognition and Natural Programming Language, etc. He focused on the importance of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and highlighted that we are entering to new world. Artificial Intelligent will play very important role in every aspect of our lives. Also he shared his views on how paper / poster presentation and departmental events that will help students in their future career.
In this online MILESTONE event, the college received overwhelming response from students. We had received 136 entries for Paper & Poster Presentation and 382 entries for various departmental events ie total 518 entries for the whole events. At the end Mr. Dinesh Puri presented vote of thanks.
Feedback & Analysis:
The participants found that the overall event was very well organized and they were happy and enjoyed the event a lot. They also feel that such type of events are very useful for boosting their confidence and it is not about winning or losing it's about the process which they have enjoyed and knowledge which they have gained.
After participating different activities under MILESTONE events are concerned, it gives students.