To emerge as the leading Electrical Engineering department for inclusive development of students
To provide student-centered conducive environment for preparing knowledgeable, competent and value added electrical engineers.
- PEO 1. Core Knowledge - Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of basic science and engineering skills, humanities, social science, management and conceptual and practical understanding of core electrical engineering area with project development.
- PEO 2. Employment/ Continuing Education - Electrical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of industry-based technical skills to succeed in entry level engineering position at various industries as well as in academics.
- PEO 3. Professional Competency - Electrical engineering graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively in English, to accumulate and disseminate the knowledge and to work effectively in a team with a sense of social awareness.
- Apply principles of engineering, electronics and computer science; basic science, mathematics (including differential equations, discrete mathematics and linear algebra) and laboratory skills for building, testing, operation and maintenance of electrical systems.
- Model, analyze, design, and realize physical systems, components or processes related to electrical engineering systems.
- Be prepared to work professionally in power systems engineering, control systems engineering and software industries.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development..
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Department of Electrical Engineering is established in year 1999 with the intake 30. The department was accredited for 5 years from 2008 to 2013 by N.B.A, New Delhi. The present intake of the department is 60. The department has maintained the track of excellent results by securing Ist Rank and Gold Medal at university level examination. The department has ten well equipped laboratories for UG and two labs for PG. The department library has sufficient numbers of books as per syllabus, worth Rs. 1.2 lakh. It has highly-qualified, devoted & dedicated team of teaching staff members. A conducive environment exists in the department for both students & staff.
It is the field of engineering that generally deals with the study and application of electricity, electronics and electromagnetism. It now covers a range of subtopics including power, electronics, control systems, automation etc. The main aim is to ensure the safe usage of electricity. Electrical engineering has an important role to play in many other fields of study like power quality, Power factor etc
Achievement and Features
- The AICTE has granted permission to start PG in Electrical Power System from the academic year 2013-14.
- 400 KM Long Transmission Line Study Unit with Protection for UG and PG students.
- PSCAD software worth Rs. 2.23 lakh for PG students.
- MATLAB software worth Rs. 5.25 Lakh for UG & PG students.
- PLC & SCADA Unit worth Rs 3 Lakh is provided for students.
- ETAP Software worth Rs 1 Lakh is installed in computer lab.
- Department of Electrical Engineering has maintained the top positions in the examination conducted by NMU, Jalgaon by securing Ist Rank & Gold Medal during May - 2010, May-2011, May – 2012 examinations.
- The student of B.E.(2014-15) Mr. Ameya Shirwadkar has qualified GRE & TOFFEL.
- The student of B.E. .(2014-15) Mr. Ameya Shirwadkar selected for in JAPAN for summer training school.
- Mr. M. M. Ansari received grant of Rs. 5.35 lakh under MODROB proposal from AICTE, New Delhi in Year 2012-13.
- Dr. P. V. Thakre received grant of Rs. 2 Lakh under Rajiv Gandhi Research Promotion Scheme - UGC for Title DSP based 1 kW photovoltaic System in Year December 2016.
- Department have signed MoU for two years June 2015 to June 2017 with kWatt Solutions, Mumbai
We welcome suggestions / comments from our Regular / Ex Students/ Alumni, and look forward to have long term relationship with you.