To nurture the students by providing high quality broad based technical education for global societal development and continuous improvement in value added knowledge.
To cultivate a conducive environment through teaching, application specific learning and services to foster the technical critical thinking ability of the students as well as the faculties to contribute for developing global mechanical engineering professionals and well being of the society.
- PEO 1. Core Knowledge - The mechanical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of basic science, engineering skills, humanities, social science, management, conceptual and practical understanding of core mechanical engineering area with project development.
- PEO 2. Employment/ Continuing Education - The mechanical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of Industry-based technical skills to succeed in entry level engineering position at various industries as well as in academics.
- PEO 3. Professional Competency - The mechanical engineering graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively in English, to accumulate and disseminate the knowledge and to work effectively in a team with a sense of social awareness.
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation for the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design / development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research–based knowledge & research methods including design of experiments, analysis & interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusion
- Modern tool usage : Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning : Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- To develop professional leadership through co-curricular & extra-curricular activities
- To impart skillful, value-based & modern technology knowledge centre for lifelong learning
- To develop multi-disciplinary, multi-skill technical abilities through integration of mechanical & other engineering disciplines
The Department has obtained the NBA Accreditation by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) Committee constituted under AICTE with effect from 15-02-2005. It is one of the precious stone in the Engineering field with us. This is a great opportunity to everybody to join with it and let your carrier to move a broad path to success. Education is manifestation of perfection in man is defined by swami vivekanad. This department has very young, dynamic, perfect qualified and charismatic staff to motivate our students & also to impart good education.
We have well trained non-teaching staff who look after labs and also helps students to perform practical. We have well developed labs related to subjects, streams. Each and every lab is well equipped. Students can perform each and every practical effectively upto their satisfaction mentioned in their engineering curriculum.
We believe in total quality amongst students and staff and kaizen as the pathway. Like wise students are encouraged to do their studies. We follow various teaching techniques to enhance student's self-confidence and stimulate interest in their subjects to attain total quality.
We have well-established auto cad and CAD/CAM lab along with well-qualified staff, which is exclusively for college students. Our home of students groups every year complete their projects based on I-DEAS software in the college under the guidance of our teachers. Some of the staff members are specialized in ME CAD/CAM. In addition to this we have MAT LAB, Ansys software lab. And Mech. Desktop.
ME (Machine Design)
This course is started in the year 2006-07 with a new curriculum. The addition of ME course to department make it full hedge mechanical engineering department.
Consultancy Facility in the Department
The department is has keen interest in providing consultancy to various industries and other institutions in emerging areas of mechanical engineering. The department motivates its faculty to undertake various consultancy assignments in order to fortify the institute and industry interaction.
Area of Consultancy:
- Measurement of Physical geometrical characteristics of an object using Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Wear Testing, Industrial Tribology
- Measurement of complex components
- Energy Conservation & Management
- Geometry Modeling, Analysis, and Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning
- TIG and MIG Welding Training
- CNC Machine Training
- Co-ordinate Measuring Machine (CMM)
- Tool Maker Microscope
- Pin on Disc Machine
- TIG and MIG Welding Machine
- CNC Machine
- CNC Milling Machine
- ANSYS Software
- MATLAB Software
- AUTOCAD Inventor Professional Suite 2010
Alumni of the Department:
|#||Name of Student||Designation||Organization|
|1||Mr. Paresh Vaidya||Deputy General Manager||John Deere India, Pune|
|2||Mr. Mandar Joshi||Area Manager||Honda Motorcycles & Scooters
India Pvt. Ltd., Rajkot
|3||Mr. Ganesh Sapkal||BMC Software Developer||BMC Software, Boston, Massachusetts|
|4||Mr. Prashant Talele||Sr. Manager - Planning||Inoxpa India Pvt. Ltd., Pune|
|5||Mr. Vijay Neve||Sr. Manager||Tata Motors Pvt. Ltd., Pune|
|6||Mr. Nilesh Pate||Merchandise Planning Manager||Seven Cs Group, Dubai, UAE|
|7||Mr. Prasoon Pathak||Manager||Sabarmati Gas Ltd., Gandhinagar, Gujarat|
|8||Mr. Hemant Bari||Asstt. Manager||Bosch Pvt.Ltd., Nashik|
|9||Mr.Sunil Padwal||Executive –
Sales & Mktg.
|Elringklinger Automotive Components
India Pvt. Ltd., Pune
|10||Mr. Akash Revo||Entrepreneur||Aditi Tracking Support Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai
Trisatya Metal Printers & Mfg Destination, GM, India
Panther Surgical Industries, Head, East Africa