Department of Mechanical Engineering
To nurture the students by providing high quality broad based technical education for global societal development and continuous improvement in value added knowledge.
To cultivate a conducive environment through teaching, application specific learning and services to foster the technical critical thinking ability of the students as well as the faculties to contribute for developing global mechanical engineering professionals and well being of the society.
- PEO 1. Core Knowledge - The mechanical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of basic science, engineering skills, humanities, social science, management, conceptual and practical understanding of core mechanical engineering area with project development.
- PEO 2. Employment/ Continuing Education - The mechanical engineering graduates will have the knowledge of Industry-based technical skills to succeed in entry level engineering position at various industries as well as in academics.
- PEO 3. Professional Competency - The mechanical engineering graduates will have the ability to communicate effectively in English, to accumulate and disseminate the knowledge and to work effectively in a team with a sense of social awareness.
- Engineering knowledge : Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals and an engineering specialisation for the solution of complex engineering problems
- Problem analysis : Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyse complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences and engineering sciences
- Design / development of solutions : Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for public health and safety, cultural, societal and environmental considerations
- Conduct investigations of complex problems : Use research–based knowledge & research methods including design of experiments, analysis & interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusion
- Modern tool usage : Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources, modern engineering and IT tools, including prediction and modelling, to complex engineering activities, with an understanding of the limitations
- The engineer and society : Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- Environment and sustainability : Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- Ethics : Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- Individual and team work : Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- Communication : Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with the society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- Project management and finance : Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- Life-long learning : Recognise the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change
- To develop professional leadership through co-curricular & extra-curricular activities
- To impart skillful, value-based & modern technology knowledge centre for lifelong learning
- To develop multi-disciplinary, multi-skill technical abilities through integration of mechanical & other engineering disciplines