Department of Chemical Engineering
Today we carry the flame of quality education, knowledge and progressive technology for global societal development; tomorrow the flame will glow even brighter.
To provide conducive environment for preparing competent, value added and patriotic chemical engineers of integrity of par excellence to meet global standards for societal development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEOs)
The Program Educational Objectives of the Department of Chemical Engineering are to educate undergraduate students who are during the first few years following the graduation will have – 1. Core knowledge , 2. Employment and 3. Professionals competency.
- PEO 1. Core Knowledge - To provide the quality education in the field of basic sciences, mathematics, chemical engineering and allied technologies to pursue higher education and research for global socioeconomic development.
- PEO 2. Employment - To motivate the students for gaining value added knowledge and real world exposure by industrial training, visits and workshops.
- PEO 3. Professional Competency - To build a chemical engineer of integrity and par excellence with professional and ethical values.
Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
|PSO1||How are you able to apply basic principles of science, mathematics and chemical engineering skills in interpreting and analyzing experimental data for societal development?|
|PSO2||How are you able to design and provide solutions to problems in the development of chemical and allied industries?|
|PSO3||How are you able to display multidisciplinary approach for providing techno-economical and eco-friendly solutions?|