Department of Civil Engineering
Today we carry the flame of quality teaching –learning process to enlighten global society, tomorrow the flame will glow even brighter.
- To carryout effective teaching (theory + experiment) fulfilling the syllabus requirements as well as covering relevant content beyond syllabus; to undertake good projects meeting demands of private/cooperative industrial sector, Governmental organization etc; and to arrange site visits for students to correlate the theoretical knowledge with real world.
- To arrange remedial classes for weaker students; to organize expert lectures by eminent persons from academics, industry and other diversified field; to organize and motivate students for participation in co-curricular, extracurricular activities for overall personality development.
- To give a role model to the students for being good engineer, good citizen and good human being; and to enhance mass awareness regarding environmental friendly technology and life style.
- To provide opportunities for the staff for career development within and off the institute; to enhance research facilities in the department; to extend consultancy services to various government and private organizations.
The expected program outcomes are as follows:
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- Ability to apply theoretical knowledge for specific field applications: a civil engineering graduate must be able to identify the constraints of a real world problem and must be able to decide appropriate combination of technology to resolve the problem. S/he must be able to implement the solution.
- Ability to work with advanced equipment: a civil engineering graduate must be able to deal with advanced equipments used for various civil engineering applications for faster and precise observations.
- Awareness about alternative and blended construction materials: natural materials are getting scarce and their over exploitation is causing environmental damages. A civil engineering graduate must be aware about the applications of alternative and blended construction materials which are more sustainable.
The department of Civil Engineering is well equipped as per the latest syllabus of the North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon. Consultancy services in design and testing are available and are being done.