To achieve highest accolades in the field of Civil by brightening the flame of quality education, knowledge and progressive technology for societal welfare.
To prepare Proficient Biotechnologists to solve wide array of problems in life sciences and fulfil the global requirements by creating green & clean technology.
- PEO 1. Core Knowledge - To provide students a necessary background in Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering and Technology to develop a strong foundation in the arena of Civil.
- PEO 2. Employment/ Continuing Education - To develop proficiency in the principles and methods essential in Civil to succeed in entry level engineering positions at various industries as well as for continuing education.
- PEO 3 . Professional Competency - To develop professionalism and other moral values amongst students.
After completion of the BE Civil programme, graduates will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
- An ability to communicate effectively,
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- A knowledge of contemporary issues,
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, and
- An ability to apply the knowledge of engineering principles to living entities for societal welfare.
Department of Civil came into existence in 2006 - 07 with starting of B.E. programme in Civil to meet the demand of Civil professionals. This is the only college to start B.E. Civil in North Maharashtra University with an intake of 30 students. The major attraction of the department is having experienced & qualified faculty. The department laboratories are spacious, well equipped, with modern infrastructural facilities for students to gain knowledge and give hands on training in Civil. The department is engaged in teaching and research in Civil & related area. This department caters to needs of B.E. Civil course as prescribed by the North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon (M.S.) All the laboratories are recognized by North Maharashtra University for post graduate and Ph.D. work.
Special Highlights of Civil Department
- The department was accredited for 2 years by National Board of Accreditation (NBA), w.e.f. 1-7-2014.
- Laboratories of the Civil department are recognized by North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon for post graduate and PhD work.
- Students working on funded projects of IEDC. (Rs. 1 Lakh)
- Qualified and Experienced Faculty.
- Computer Facilities and Internet.
- Well Equipped Laboratories & Departmental Library .
- Excellent Results.
- Entrepreneurship culture is inculcated in students through IEDC.
- Department of Civil is member of BRSI (Civil Research Society of India)
- Hands on training of ASPEN HYSYS Software.
- Organized Industrial Visit for final year students every year.
- Civil Engineering Students Association (BESA)
- Funding received: Department of Science and Technology Government of India have sanctioned Rs.45 lakhs for proposal of Dr.I.D.Patil , Head of the Department ,to establish Innovation & Entrepreneurship Development Centre (IEDC) in college.
- Following projects of students have received Rs.1 Lakh each from IEDC, DST, Govt. of India:
- Academic Year 2012-13: Effect of Biofilm on Waste Water Treatment Using Bactericidal Activity of Nitrogen Doped Metal Oxide Nanoparticles.
- Academic year 2013-14:
- Project group 1: Production of Amino Acid as nutrient source for plants from agricultural /industrial waste.
- Project group 2: Design & Fabrication of solid state fermentation for production of value added products.
- Academic Year 2014-15:
- Project group 1: Production of protease (Bacillus Subtilis 2724 strain) by using Agro Waste. (Students working on each project have been awarded fellowship of Rs.30000/-)
- Project group 2: Rajiv Gandhi science and technology Commission (RGS&TC) of Maharashtra have sanctioned the Rs.2 Lakhs for the proposal of Dr. I. D. Patil and Mr. Jayant Parpalliwar for the project “Study on Fermentative production and purification of amino acids (Arginine And histidine) from agricultural waste”.
- Academic Year 2015-2016: Production, Purification & Characterization of Bacterial Xylanase using Spent Grains & Sugar Bagasse as Substrate.
- Academic Year 2016-2017: Fermentative production and Characterization of Actinomycin by Streptomyces antibioticus using Protein Rich Supplements as Substrate
Consultancy is available in following areas:
- Water Analysis.
- Waste Treatments.
- Fermentative production of Bio products
- Antiscaling Agents (Water soluble Polymers).
- Qualitative and Quantities analysis of Proteins and Enzymes
Alumni of the Department:
|#||Name of Student||Year of Passing||Current Status|
|01||Kashif Sayyad||2015-2016||Intas Pharma, Ahemedabad , Gujrat|
|02||Ritesh Mali||2015-2016||Intas Pharma, Ahemedabad , Gujrat|
|03||Gokul Menon||2015-2016||Intas Pharma, Ahemedabad , Gujrat|
|04||Diksha Mishra||2015-2016||Intas Pharma, Ahemedabad , Gujrat|
|05||Sachin Ghule||2015-2016||Wockhardt Ltd. Waluj, Aurangabad Maharashtra|
|06||Tushar sonawane||2015-2016||Wockhardt Ltd. Waluj, Aurangabad, Maharashtra|
|07||Preeti Sonawane||2015-2016||SSBT’s COET, Bambhori, Jalgaon, Maharashtra|
|08||Vishal Patil||2015-2016||Zuari Agro Chemicals Ltd., Abhona Nasik, Maharashtra|
|09||Chinmay Patil||2014-15||Trainee engineer NCORD, Pune|
|10||Karishma Borse||2014-15||Trainee engineer NCORD, Pune|
|11||Ankita Narkhede||2014-15||Trainee engineer NCORD, Pune|
|12||Aaisha Sayyad||2014-15||Trainee engineer NCORD, Pune|
|13||Prathmesh Anerao||2014-15||Trainee engineer NCORD, Pune|
|14||Kaveeta Meena||2014-15||Trainee engineer NCORD, Pune|
|15||Bhagyashree Magare||2014-15||Trainee engineer NCORD, Pune|
|16||Mr. Swapnil Tayade||2013-14||Working as Area Business Executive at CPC Diagnostics Pvt Ltd, Chennai|
|Mr. Prabhakar Pujari||2013-14||Working as Trainee Engineer at Reliance Life Sciences, Mumbai|
|17||Ms. Shruti Ahuja||2013-14||Qualified GATE 2014, GATE Percentile Score: : 96 IIT JAM, All India Rank: 98|
|18||Bhushan Sonar||2012-13||Business Development Officer, Naturally Your's Biotech, Jalgaon|
|19||Mayur Saindane||2012-13||Research Assistant Nirmal seeds Pvt.Ltd, Pachora,Jalgaon|
|20||Mr. Pankaj Chitte||2012-13||Working as trainee Engineer at Blossom Industries Ltd, Daman.|
|21||Mr. Anand Salunkhe||2012-13||Working as Production Asst. at Empire Spices and Foods Ltd.|
|22||Sachin Maled||2011-12||Production Assistant at Reliance Life Sciences|
|23||Krutika Suryawanshi||2011-12||Pursuing M.S. at University of Duisburg, Essen, Germany|
|24||Manoj Kamble||2011-12||working as food safety officer at Fizzy food labs|
|25||Pritesh Chaudhari||2011-12||working in ITC Ltd.|
|26||Trupti Thombare||2011-12||Working as enginneer at sterling Biotech, Vadodara|
|27||Dini Kansara||2010-11||Pursuing MS in Civil Polytechnic Institute of New York University, Brooklyn, New York.2012|
|28||Yogesh Patil||2010-11||Pursuing Ph.D at UICT, Mumbai|
|29||Mr. Sathish Nadar||2010-11||Working as R & D Engineer at Intas Biopharma, Ahmedabad. Recently joined as Research Executive in Pfizer India Ltd., Chennai|
|30||Ms. Komal Pandey||2010-11||Pursuing Ph.D at IIT , Gandhinagar.|
|31||Narkhede Akshay||2009-10||working as Business Development Officer at Ncord Biotech, Pune|
|32||Harshal Borse||2009-10||Owner of Green Globe Biotechnologies, Chopda|
|33||Patil Rajesh||2009-10||Coowner of Green Globe Biotechnologies, Chopda|
|34||Sorade Karuna||2009-10||Pursuing Ph.D at UICT, Mumbai|
|35||Mr. Sandip Sakhare||2009-10||Working as R & D Engineer at DSM India Pvt Ltd|