Department of Biotechnology
To achieve highest accolades in the field of Biotechnology by brightening the flame of quality education, knowledge and progressive technology for societal welfare.
To prepare Proficient Biotechnologists to solve wide array of problems in life sciences and fulfil the global requirements by creating green & clean technology.
- PEO 1. Core Knowledge - To provide students a necessary background in Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering and Technology to develop a strong foundation in the arena of Biotechnology.
- PEO 2. Employment/ Continuing Education - To develop proficiency in the principles and methods essential in Biotechnology to succeed in entry level engineering positions at various industries as well as for continuing education.
- PEO 3 . Professional Competency - To develop professionalism and other moral values amongst students.
After completion of the BE Biotechnology programme, graduates will have:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering,
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data,
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability,
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams,
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems,
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility,
- An ability to communicate effectively,
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning,
- A knowledge of contemporary issues,
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice, and
- An ability to apply the knowledge of engineering principles to living entities for societal welfare.