Department of Biotechnology Engineering
To achieve highest accolades in the field of Biotechnology by brightening the flame of quality education, knowledge and progressive technology for societal welfare.
To prepare Proficient Biotechnologists to solve wide array of problems in life sciences and fulfil the global requirements by creating green & clean technology.
- PEO 1. Core Knowledge - To provide students a necessary background in Mathematics, Life Sciences, Engineering and Technology to develop a strong foundation in the arena of Biotechnology.
- PEO 2. Employment/ Continuing Education - To develop proficiency in the principles and methods essential in Biotechnology to succeed in entry level engineering positions at various industries as well as for continuing education.
- PEO 3 . Professional Competency - To develop professionalism and other moral values amongst students.
After completion of the BE Biotechnology programme, graduates will have::
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Biotechnology Engineering Graduates will be able to:
- PSO1: Biotechnology Engineer will able to explicate the principles and applications of analytical methods involved in Biotechnology of bio molecules & also emphasis on the molecular biology in the recombinant DNA technology to animals, plants and microbial organisms.
- PSO2: Biotechnology Engineer will able to apply core knowledge of Biotechnology in the field of medical, microbial, environmental, agricultural, plant, animal and forensic sciences.
- PSO3: Biotechnology Engineer will possess hands-on technical skills necessary for research activity in the field of Biotechnology.