About the Department
- The AICTE has granted permission to start PG in Electrical Power System from the academic year 2013-14.
- 400 KM Long Transmission Line Study Unit with Protection for UG and PG students.
- PSCAD software worth Rs. 2.23 lakh for PG students.
- MATLAB software worth Rs. 5.25 Lakh for UG & PG students.
- PLC & SCADA Unit worth Rs 3 Lakh is provided for students.
- ETAP Software worth Rs 1 Lakh is installed in computer lab.
- Department of Electrical Engineering has maintained the top positions in the examination conducted by NMU, Jalgaon by securing Ist Rank & Gold Medal during May - 2010, May-2011, May – 2012 examinations.
- The student of B.E.(2014-15) Mr. Ameya Shirwadkar has qualified GRE & TOFFEL.
- The student of B.E. .(2014-15) Mr. Ameya Shirwadkar selected for in JAPAN for summer training school.
- Department have signed MoU for two years June 2015 to June 2017 with kWatt Solutions, Mumbai
Following facilities are available in department -
- Well equipments laboratories.
- Ventilated class rooms with audio and video facilities.
- Ten laboratories at UG level and Two laboratories at PG level.
- Electrical Engineering Department laboratory is recognised as Ph.D. Research Laboratory at KBCNMU University.
- Departmental library with adequate quantities of books.
- 400km long Transmission Line Study Unit with Protective relay.
- PSCAD Software worth Rs 2.23 lakhs.
- MATLAB Software worth Rs 5.25 lakhs.
- PLC & SCADA Unit worth Rs 3.00 lakhs.
- 315kVA, 11/0.433kV Distribution Transformer with off load tap changing arrangement.
- 110V, 5A Induction Type Over Current Relay, Differential Relay and Distance Relay as model.
- Mr. M. M. Ansari received grant of Rs. 5.35 lakh under MODROB proposal from AICTE, New Delhi in Year 2012-13.
- Dr. P. V. Thakre received grant of Rs. 2 Lakh under Rajiv Gandhi Research Promotion Scheme - UGC for Title DSP based 1 kW photovoltaic System in Year December 2016.
|Eminent Alumni from Electrical Department|
|1||Mr. Sunil Pandy||Substation design Engineer||Western Power Distribution, UK|
|2||Mr. Sumit Mundade||EMS Engineer||Midwest, Folsma, california|
|3||Mr. Mushahid Siddiqui||Planning Manager||Kuwatnational Petroleum, Kuwat|
|4||Mrs. Shivani Dhiman||Engineer||ApplySorco, Forus, Norway|
|5||Mr. Amit Tiwari||Operations Supervisor||Total E&P Nig Ltd, AMOSCO, Abu Dhabi- UAE|
|6||Mr.Kaushal Vani||Electrical Engineer||Foster Wheeler, London UK|
|7||Mr.Chandan Phathnia||Electrical Engineer||Power Advantage International IIC, Muscut, Oman|
|8||Amrita Gupta||Technical Support Engineer||Tesla Inc. California USA|
(Infrastructure & Building Services)
|WSP Consultants Pvt.Ltd. (Worlds' 6thbest design consultancy) Noida|
|10||Anil S. Jaware||Assistant Engineer||MSETCL, MUMBAI|
|11||Shantanu Rajbongshi||Sr. Engineer,||Madhya Bharat Power Corp. Ltd, New Delhi|
|12||Sachin V Wasade.||Asst. Engineer GR-2,||Public Work Department, Gadchiroli|
|13||Indrajeet Prajapati||Assistant Manager||Reliance Power Ltd., Navi Mumbai|
|15||Himanshu Chudasama||Sr. Energy Engineer||Energy Management Cell - CII
Ahmedabad - Gujarat
|16||Nitish Kishore||Asst. Manager||Essar Oil Ltd.|
|17||Sumit Mundade||Sr. Energy Management System Engineer||Working In Midwest ISO
Indianapolis Indiana USA
|18||Kishor R. Bhole||Assist. Engineer||MSETCL EHV Project Testing Unit Nashik|
|19||Arfat Quadri||Manager, ElectricalDesign for Oil & Gas, Petrochemical Plants||Reliance Industries Ltd., Mumbai|
|20||Rizwan Shaikh||Asst. Manager||Hero Motors Ltd|
|21||Gholap Dhanaji V.||Manager||Siemens Ind. Ltd., Mumbai|
|22||Patil Nilesh D.||Sr. Oracle Business Analyst||Emerson Export Engg. Centre, Pune|
|23||Chandavani Keshav C.||Asst. Manager||Alstom T&D Ind. Ltd. Mumbai|
|24||Kolhe Nilesh D.||Area Manager||Pall Ind Pvt. Ltd.|
|25||Patil Suresh||Manager||Reliance Power Ltd. Mumbai|
|26||Patil Virendra Singh V.||Project Engg.||Bridgestone Ind. Pune|
|27||Sharma Hemant||Assistant Engineer||PWD, Government Of Maharashtra|