Department of Applied Sciences: Laboratories
I. The Art of Experimentation:
The starting laboratory engages each student in significant experiences with experimental processes, including some experience designing investigations.
2. Experimental and Analytical Skills:
The laboratory help the student develop a broad array of basic skills and tools of experimental physics and data analysis.
3. Conceptual Learning:
The laboratory helps student’s master basic physics concepts.
4. Understanding the Basis of Knowledge in Physics:
The laboratory help students to understand the role of direct observation in physics and to distinguish between inferences based on theory and on the outcomes of experiments.
5. Developing Collaborative Learning Skills:
The laboratory helps students develop collaborative learning skills that are vital to success in many lifelong endeavors.
- This course is intended to provide engineering students with a background in important concepts and principles of chemistry and emphasis on those areas considered most relevant in an engineering context, and practical applications in engineering and technology.
- To impart knowledge of basic concepts in chemistry and implementation to various engineering fields.
- To provide the knowledge and methodology necessary for solving problems in the field of engineering.
- To understand the basic concepts of chemistry and to analyze it from experiments.
The Department of Applied Science has a modern Language Laboratory with state of the art audio-visual equipment to aid in imparting language skills. The Laboratory is effectively utilized by students and faculty members for various self-enhancement and soft skill development activities. Laboratory proves beneficial for those students who are poor in use of English language. Students from rural areas who are generally weak in English can have sufficient ear training in the language lab. The basic purpose of the lab is to provide students a platform to enhance English language skills, communication skills and to practice soft skills.
The main objectives of the Language Laboratory are:
- To equip the students with good communication skills.
- To emphasize the need of English in the technical world.
- To prepare them for interviews and future job environments.
- To train the students in the art of conversation and discussion.
Departmental library maintain a carefully selected collection for academic which creates interests of reading among students. The primary function of our library is to implement, enrich and support the educational programs of first year engineering students.
Objectives of Departmental Library:
- To provide material, so that the students as well as faculty members acquisition of knowledge, development of literacy appreciation and ethical standards.
- To provide source of information which may enable pupils to make informed judgments.
- To provide materials containing a wide range of views on issues so that students may develop the practice of critical reading and thinking.
- To provide an opportunity for students to achieve the basic knowledge of subjects form the reference books.
- Department provides professional material for teachers.
Physics - Reference Books
Mathematics - Reference Books
Chemistry/English/EVS - Reference Books